GRANTS PASS, Ore. — A Grants Pass man faces felony charges after he tried to a lure an underage male into having sex, according to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS).
The agency said that two separate times, 20-year-old Christopher K. Smith got in touch with a male juvenile through social media.
"Smith invited the juvenile to his residence for the purpose of having sexual contact," GPDPS said.
Smith also reportedly exchanged photos with the boy that were "sexual in nature."
Detectives arrested Smith on Tuesday, charging him with the Online Sexual Corruption of a Child I (B Felony) and Luring a Minor (C Felony). He was lodged in the Josephine County Jail.
Anyone with further information on the case is asked to call GPDPS at (541) 450-6260.
- Grants Pass man accused of preying on minor using social media
- Washington state man accused of preying on Grants Pass minor
- Grants Pass man accused of preying on young girls online
- Curry County man accused of preying on 15-year-old online
- Accused of abuse, priests move on to teach, counsel, prey
- Study: Social Media Use and Social Isolation
- Grants Pass police accuse two men of sexually abusing minors in past week
- Accused Sex Offender Arrested In Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Man Accused of Holding Child Pornography
- Grants Pass Man Accused of Abusing 4-Month-Old Child