TILLER, Ore. — A man from Grants Pass is dead after a single-vehicle crash near the town of Tiller on Sunday, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office (DCSO).
23-year-old Cameron Scott Reese was on a camping trip near the South Umpqua Falls over the weekend. Reese's family called the police at about 3:30 p.m. on Sunday when Reese did not return as planned.
DCSO found that Reese had left his campsite around 9 a.m. on Sunday morning. Around 7:30 p.m. that evening, family members found Reese's vehicle near milepost 8 on South Umpqua Road in Tiller.
When deputies arrived, they found the vehicle about 100 yards over an embankment near the river. Reese was trapped in the vehicle, DCSO said. Although responders attempted life-saving measures, those were unsuccessful.
Reese was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Sheriff's Office was assisted by Tiller Fire Department, Milo Fire Department, Bay Cities Ambulance, REACH Air Ambulance and South Umpqua Steep Angle Rescue.
- Grants Pass Man Killed in Douglas County Crash
- Grants Pass Woman Killed in Crash
- Motorcycle Rider Killed in Crash With Deer in Grants Pass
- Two locals killed in Douglas County crash on Hwy 138E
- OSP Investigating Fatal Crash in Grants Pass
- Third Car Crash at Grants Pass Residence
- Police Identify Man Killed in Grants Pass Explosion, Seeking Associate
- Grants Pass Man Hospitalized After Machete Incident
- Grants Pass man arrested for 5 burglaries
- Caveman Repairs in Grants Pass