SALEM, Ore. — Governor Kate Brown plans to visit with fire and forestry officials commanding firefighting efforts on the Garner Complex in Merlin on Thursday, according to a statement from the governor's office issued on Wednesday.
The governor will receive a briefing from all of the major agencies involved, including the Oregon Department of Forestry, Incident Command, and "fellow state, federal and local officials" currently leading operations on the Garner Complex burning near Grants Pass.
The meeting takes place Thursday morning at the Bureau of Land Management office in Merlin.
- Governor Brown Plans Visit with Garner Complex Officials
- Governor Brown Invokes Emergency Conflagration Act for Garner Complex
- Governor Brown Meets with Crews on Garner Complex
- Fire Officials: End of Garner Complex Firefight 'In Sight'
- Garner Complex Winding Down, 87 Percent Contained
- Governor Brown Visits Klamath Falls; Confirms Drought Emergency
- Governor Brown Visits Medford, Founds 'Wildfire Response Council'
- Garner Complex Medics Take Care of Nearly 2,000 Fire Personnel
- Garner Complex Grows Nearly 3,000 Acres in 24 Hours
- National Guard Reinforcements Prepare to Deploy at Garner Complex