SALEM, Ore. — Governor Kate Brown has ordered that all the flags at Oregon public institutions be flown at half-staff until sunset on Nov. 10, 2018 — in honor of the victims of a shooting at the The Borderline country bar in Thousand Oaks, California.
"Waking up to news of the mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, I am heartbroken, once again, for those who have lost their loved ones," said Governor Brown. "Haven't we learned that nowhere in our country will be immune to gun violence until action is taken? Congress, please act now."
The White House has also issued a national flag-order, and the full presidential proclamation will be available here.
- Governor Brown Orders Flags at Half-Staff for Thousand Oaks Victims
- Governor Brown Orders Flags at Half-Staff
- Governor Brown Orders Flags Lowered to Half-Staff to Honor Annapolis Victims
- Flags at Half Staff to Honor Fallen Firefighters
- Governor Brown Forbids Offshore Oil Drilling with Executive Order
- Flags Will Be at Half-Staff Tomorrow In Memory of Officer Williams
- RCC Flags At Half Staff To Remember 9 Students Killed In UCC Shooting
- Procession Honors Sheriff's Sergeant Killed in Thousand Oaks Shooting
- Governor Brown Will Sign Controversial Tax Bill
- Governor Brown Listens To Southern Oregon Concerns