SALEM, Ore. -- Governor Kate Brown ordered all flags at Oregon public institutions to be flown at half-staff immediately Monday, November 6th until sunset Thursday, November 9th. This is in honor of the victims of the Sutherland Springs shooting.
"Yesterday, we were forced to bear witness to yet another mass shooting – this time at a church in Texas," Governor Brown said. "Just last month was the deadliest shooting in U.S. history, and in between, hundreds more lost their lives to gun violence. Places of worship, schools, movie theaters, and concerts should be safe havens, not the scenes of senseless violence. My thoughts and prayers are with Texas, but I will also continue to work towards meaningful actions here in Oregon to help fight this national crisis."
- Governor Brown Orders Flags at Half-Staff
- Governor Brown Orders Flags Lowered to Half-Staff to Honor Annapolis Victims
- Governor Brown Orders Flags at Half-Staff for Thousand Oaks Victims
- Flags at Half Staff to Honor Fallen Firefighters
- Governor Brown Forbids Offshore Oil Drilling with Executive Order
- Flags Will Be at Half-Staff Tomorrow In Memory of Officer Williams
- RCC Flags At Half Staff To Remember 9 Students Killed In UCC Shooting
- Governor Brown Will Sign Controversial Tax Bill
- Governor Brown Listens To Southern Oregon Concerns
- Governor Brown Highlights 'Defending Democracy' Agenda