GOLD BEACH, Ore. — A hotel in Gold Beach received high marks from travel organization AAA this year, marking 44 years in a row that the resort has maintained such a rating.
Across Oregon, 17 hotels made AAA's 2020 "Four Diamond" list. The majority are in Portland, with a few distributed in different areas around the state.
The Tu Tu' Tun Lodge in Gold Beach was the only establishment in southern Oregon to receive a Four Diamond rating, and has held the title longer than any other hotel in the state.
"The Tu Tu’ Tun Lodge in Gold Beach is one of only 11 hotels [in the U.S.] that have maintained the Four Diamond Rating for 44 consecutive years, since 1976 when the Diamond Ratings were first introduced for hotels," AAA said.
According to AAA, Four Diamond hotels and restaurants must be "refined and stylish with upscale physical attributes, extensive amenities and a high degree of hospitality, service and attention to details." There were only 1,718 Four Diamond hotels in the U.S. this year.
“These days anyone can post a review online. The AAA Diamond Ratings are different from all the other reviews and rating systems. We’re the only ones to use professional inspectors who conduct unannounced visits at some 60,000 properties every year to make sure they provide the best experience for travelers and diners,” said Marie Dodds, public affairs director for AAA Oregon/Idaho. “Four and Five Diamond hotels and restaurants provide extraordinary service and surroundings, and deliver world-class experiences.”
- Gold Beach hotel receives AAA 'Four Diamond' rating for 44th year running
- AAA predicts most Thanksgiving travelers in 13 years
- Gold Beach Rangers Open Up Firewood Cutting
- Botswana unveils blue diamond to rival the Hope Diamond
- Highway 101 South of Gold Beach Blocked by Landslide
- Three Arrested in Connection With Gold Beach Burglary
- Gold Beach man arrested, accused of shooting two at campground
- Coast Guard rescues father, children kayaking near Gold Beach
- Body of missing California man discovered north of Gold Beach
- Oregon's Unemployment Rate at Lowest Rate in 42 Years