MEDFORD, Ore. — On April 10, Wolferman's Bakery in Medford claimed a Guinness World Record for world's largest cinnamon roll at a whopping 1,149.7 lbs. Slices of that epic roll were sold to attendees at this year's Pear Blossom Festival.
Granted, TMC is closely associated with Harry & David. The non-profit was founded in the honor of Teresa McCormick, an employee of the Medford-based company who coordinated donations of things like decent shoes for underprivileged—but otherwise qualified—job applicants in the Rogue Valley.
According to TMC, McCormick was able to collect 700 pairs of shoes for those in need.
When McCormick passed away in 2007, Harry & David founded the TMC. Now the Center functions as a place to help people in difficult circumstances to get back on their feet—providing a computer lab and unique assistance or resources to each person who comes their way.
Erin McMenomy of Harry & David said that TMC currently has more than 7,000 clients—and the Center connects them with food, clothing, toiletries, or financial management and job placement tools, depending on the circumstances.
- Giant Cinnamon Roll Funds $5,000 Donation to Medford Non-Profit
- Giant Cinnamon Roll Brings In Giant Donation To Local Charity
- Wolferman's Attempts Record-Breaking 800-Pound Cinnamon Roll
- Wolferman's Breaks World Record For Largest Cinnamon Roll
- Medford Non-Profit Works To Bring Recovery Cafe To Oregon
- Jersey Mike's donating 100% of profits to Boys & Girls Club
- Hatchery Stocks Lake Selmac with 5,000 Fish
- Medford School Bond To Fund CTE Programs And Facilities
- Ugly Sweater 5K Raises About $5,000 for Foster Families
- Three Southern Oregon Businesses Rank Among Top 5,000 in Nation