GRANTS PASS, Ore. —
UPDATE: Rogue River Highway is back open at Parkdale and Playford following the gas leak, GPDPS said. The agency reports that Avista was able to stop the leak, but will continue to work in the area.
The gas leak reportedly began after a construction crew breached the line earlier on Wednesday.
Fire crews from Grants Pass Fire Rescue and Rural-Metro Fire have been released from the scene, GPDPS said.
(Updated 1/23/19 at 1:40 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Firefighters closed down part of Rogue River Highway following reports of a gas leak, according to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS).
The 900-block of Rogue River Hwy was closed down between Parkdale Drive and Playford Lane. Comments on social media indicated that firefighters may have evacuated businesses on that block as well.
"Please avoid the area," GPDPS said.
Avista crews were on-scene to attend to the leak, and GPDPS said that they would post an update once the road was re-opened.
This is a developing story.
- Rogue River Highway in Grants Pass Reopened Following Gas Leak
- 'Large Scale' Power Outage in Grants Pass, Rogue River Resolved
- Rogue River Highway back open after investigation
- 8- Mile Stretch of Rogue River Reopens to Rafters
- UPDATE: Fire Crews Close in on Wildfire Near Rogue River, Grants Pass
- Neighbors react to shooting on Rogue River Highway
- Truck drifting in Rogue River
- Grants Pass Approves Gas Tax for Ballot, Voters to Decide
- Crews Backburn Close to the Rogue River
- Rogue River Rafting Incident Claims Man's Life