EUGENE, Ore. -- Garth Brooks, the number one selling solo artist in U.S. history, is coming to Eugene.
In his first return to the state of Oregon after more than four years, Brooks will perform at Autzen Stadium, rain or shine, on Saturday, June 29, at 7 p.m.
Mike Duncan, the senior associate athletic director for events and facilities at the University of Oregon, said this concert will draw people from way outside the city limits.
"It's bigger than the Eugene community," Duncan said. "It's all throughout Oregon really. It's a chance for people to see great performances."
Duncan said Dead and Company's concert last year was the first concert held at Autzen Stadium in 21 years.
"I hope we have more concerts at Autzen Stadium as time goes on," he said.
Between rain and football season, Duncan said it's a matter of finding the right time of the year to host concerts.
"I cannot believe that he's coming to Eugene, and I do plan to go," Eugene resident Karly Green said.
"It kind of makes sense," said Teresa Standstipher, a University of Oregon student.
In 2015, Garth Brooks performed at the Moda Center in Portland, and after selling out two shows, he ended up adding three more.
"He tends to sell out shows quickly, in the first few minutes, so, I'm hoping that happens in Eugene/Springfield as well," said Tim Fox, a radio host at New Country 93.3. "I think this is the most exciting thing ever. I mean Garth could have chosen Seattle if he wanted to, he could've chosen Portland if he wanted to, but he chose little Eugene."
"The success that he had up there with those five night, I think that was part of the motivation to have him return to the state of Oregon, and Autzen just gave him the place to do it," Duncan said.
Tickets will go on sale Friday, April 26, at 10 a.m. There is an eight-ticket limit and no advanced box office sales.
Tickets will be available:
- Online: www.ticketmaster.com/garthbrooks
- Ticketmaster Express: 1-877-654-2784
- Ticketmaster app on a mobile device
For more information, go to Garth Brooks' website.
- Garth Brooks to perform in Eugene
- 2019 Coachella Performers Announced
- Brookings Shooting Suspect in Custody
- Controlled Burn Planned in Brookings
- Family Looking For Missing Brookings Man
- BREAKING: Small Fire North of Brookings
- Controlled Burn Scheduled For January In Brookings
- Homes flooded by Chetco River in Brookings
- Sheriff: Two dead in Brookings plane crash
- Smoke Affects Oregon Shakespeare Festival Performances