Photo Gallery 5 Images
FORT VANNOY, Ore. — A fire that consumed a small garden shed ended up gutting a large recreational trailer nearby, according to Rural Metro Fire. The incident occurred around 11 a.m. Thursday morning in Fort Vannoy, near Grants Pass.
Rural Metro Fire and Grants Pass Fire & Rescue units responded to the 1500 block of Pinecrest Drive to find a "fully involved" garden shed. Before fire crews could deploy, the flames were already spreading to a trailer parked nearby.
Fire rushed through the trailer before it was contained and quickly knocked down, according to Rural Metro. The flames were able to burn about 1/100th of an acre worth of grass and trees as well as the two structures.
Investigators believe that the fire started when a weed burner was used near the shed. Rural Metro mentioned in a statement that only a few warm, dry days will allow light grasses and leaves to dry out—and any outdoor fire-use, including debris pile burning, should be done with caution.
- Garden Shed Fire Spreads, Scorches Trailer
- Neighbors Used Garden Hoses to Help Put Out Trailer Fire
- Monarch Gardens
- Garden Safety
- Guerrilla Gardening
- Indoor Gardening
- Cannabis drying shed catches fire in Murphy
- Technology: Stopping Fires from Spreading
- RV fire spreads to wildland
- Scorched Earth: Oregon Enters Wildfire Awareness Month