UPDATE: Oregon State Police say that the driver who lost the garbage can has been found. He has been cited for "loose load."
GRANTS PASS, Ore. — A garbage can in the road let to a four-car accident on Interstate 5 today. The garbage can in the road caused a domino effect, including one of the four cars sliding into the mud and into a tree.
The scene took about an hour and a half to clear and slowed traffic for drivers. Oregon State Police say this is a problem they see often—unsecured belongings falling into the road, causing a scary situation for drivers.
In this accident, one person had to be taken to the hospital, no word on their condition.
OSP says at this time there are no criminal charges.
- Garbage Can On Interstate To Blame For Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Causes Delays on I-5
- UPDATE: Multi-Vehicle Crash on I-5
- Multi-Vehicle Crash On Hwy. 199 Leaves One Dead
- UPDATE: One Person In Custody After Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Three People Taken To Hospital Following Multi-Vehicle Crash
- All Lanes Open on Highway 140 Following Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Piles of Garbage Causing Problems For Campsites
- Multi-Car Crash Closes Part of Crater Lake Highway
- Klamath Falls First Interstate Bank Robbed