MEDFORD, Ore. -- The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says a man wanted for attempted murder in Fortuna, California, is now in the Jackson County Jail. Members of the Pacific Northwest Violent Offenders Task Force (PNVOTF) arrested 24-year-old Derek Ray Johnson on Tuesday, March 12, 2019.
Deputies say just after noon on Tuesday, PNVOTF officers tried to contact Johnson at a house on the 3000-block of Sheraton Court.
Deputies say Johnson initially attempted to escape out of a back door, but was met by waiting task force officers. They were able to arrest him.
Johnson is now in the Jackson County jail on a no-bail fugitive warrant for attempted murder. Officers from the Medford Police Department assisted at the scene.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says the local division of the PNVOTF is made up of personnel from the United States Marshals Service, Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, and Central Point Police Department. The task force specializes in locating and arresting fugitives wanted for offenses including, but not limited to, murder, assault, sex crimes, failure to register as a sex offender, firearm violations, and probation violations.
- Fugitive arrested in Jackson County
- Jackson County Parks
- Jackson County's Jail Problem
- Police: Five, including wanted fugitive, arrested in Medford raid
- Jackson County Spring Garden Fair
- Ballots at Jackson County Headquarters
- Jackson County Wants Additional Judge
- Sheriff, Marshals Seeking Armed Fugitive in Josephine County
- FBI seeks fugitive in 20-year-old Douglas County rape case
- DUII Arrest Numbers in Jackson County Stay the Same