Photo Gallery 2 Images
GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- Fruitdale Drive in Grants Pass was closed this morning after an oil tanker tipped onto its side in the roadway, according to posts from the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety (GPDPS).
Crews closed down Fruitdale between Williams Highway and Burger King as they worked to transfer oil to a different tanker and lift the truck out of a ditch.
Within a few hours, GPDPS said that the tanker had been righted and no oil was spilled during the incident.
- Fruitdale Drive closed after tanker falls on its side
- Medford Air Tanker Base Building Water Line
- Air tanker base in Klamath Falls sees one of its all-time busiest days
- Fuel Spills into Oregon River after Tanker Truck Crashes
- Oil prices surge after tankers attacked near the Iranian coast
- Driver injured after tanker truck overturns on Antioch Road
- Iran says it seized British oil tanker in Strait of Hormuz
- Distracted driving awareness month
- UPDATE: Klamath Falls Man Accused of Drive-By Shooting, Injuring One
- Fall/Winter Cover Crops