MEDFORD—There won’t be any high school football games tonight in southern Oregon due to poor air quality.
Some teams have decided to play tomorrow, while others have moved to different locations.
NewsWatch 12’s Game of the Week between North Medford and Jefferson, Portland has been moved to the neutral site of Churchill High School. The home opener for the resurgent Black Tornado will have to wait until week three.
Crater, Cascade Christian and North Valley have also been forced to hit the road.
The Comets face Willamette at Willamette; the Challengers take on Klamath Union in a cross-classification clash at Glide High School; and the Knights face Elmira on the road instead of at home.
Grants Pass and Summit will attempt to play on Saturday in Bend at 6 p.m.
Mazama's home game against Yreka has been pushed to Saturday as well with a scheduled game time of 1:30 p.m.
Tune into NewsWatch 12 at 6 for a live report from Churchill High School for North Medford’s road affair with Jefferson. Tonight’s Friday Night Blitz at 11 will feature highlights from Jefferson-North Medford, Crater-Willamette, Ashland-Springfield and Hidden Valley-Pleasant Hill.
- Friday Without Football: All Local Games Moved North for Week Two
- Crater Moved, Other Local High School Football Games in Jeopardy
- Temperatures cool down for Friday night Game of the Week
- PayPal Move Blocks Sales of School Shooting Video Game
- Pacific Rim Bowl moved to North Bend High School
- North Medford Names Steve Turner Head Football Coach
- Friday Night Blitz Games Change Due to Smoke
- High school football scores and highlights: Week one
- How to watch Roundball Wrap: Game of the Week
- Friday Night Blitz Week 3: Scores and Highlights