JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. -- The Children's Advocacy Center is offering two free Child Abuse Prevention Training's in November.
These trainings are typically held at the Children’s Advocacy center once a month. Any youth serving organization, church, or business that wants the training can sign up for free if there is a minimum of 5 participants.
“What we know is that 1 in 10 children will be sexually abused before the age of 18. That’s a huge number, that’s an outstanding statistic. This training helps to reduce the risk for children,” says Tammi Pitzen, Executive Director of the Children’s Advocacy Center.
For the month of November, the Children's Advocacy Center of Jackson County is hosting a free Protect Our Children Child Abuse Prevention Training in both Medford and Eagle Point.
These trainings provide vital information that every adult should have in order to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
“They will walk out with 5 steps, 5 concrete things they can do to protect their child or the children in their community from sexual abuse,” says Pitzen.
The trainings will be happening on November 5th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Eagle Point Community Bible Church, 27 S. Shasta Ave., Eagle Point and on November 6th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Children’s Advocacy Center, 816 W. 10th St., Medford.
“Our goal is to train as many adults in Jackson County as we can,” says Pitzen, “that’s part of a larger project across the state in rural communities. I think it’s really important because if the adults know what to do, kids are going to be more comfortable to come and talk to them.”
Studies have shown that, once 5% of a community is aware of the problem of child abuse and has the knowledge to help, real change occurs. In Jackson County, 5% equals about 10,000 adults.
Pre-registration is encouraged but drop-ins are welcome. Click here to pre-register.
- Free child abuse prevention training happening in Nov.
- Family night out raises awareness for child abuse prevention
- Children's Advocacy Center of Jackson County offers free child sexual abuse training
- Surviving Child Abuse
- California's free fishing day happens this Saturday
- Jackson County Hosts Suicide Prevention Training
- Congress seeks new ways to prevent shutdowns from happening
- Providence Offers Free Hospice Volunteer Training
- Free job training in the Rogue Valley
- Transient Accused of Child Sex Abuse