PORTLAND, Ore. — Fred Meyer announced on Tuesday that it will recall a list of cheese dips sold at its locations because they may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recall is linked to a nationwide Salmonella outbreak traced to red onions sold from a California supplier.
On July 31, Fred Meyer was notified by a supplier, Onions 52, that it had received a variety of onions from Thomson International, Inc., the company implicated in the outbreak. While bulk onions were removed from the stores, it was later found that several store-made cheese dips may have used red onions from the produce department as an ingredient.
The dips, which are in plastic containers, were sold between May 15 and August 6, 2020. Items impacted (product and UPC number) include:
- MURRAY’S CHADS SMOKED GOUDA DIP 207083-00000
- MURRAY’S JALEPENO JARLSBERG DIP 207181-00000
- MURRAY’S BACON CHIVE JARLSBERG DIP 207182-00000
- MURRAY’S SOUTHWESTERN JARLSBERG DIP 207185-00000
- JARLSBERG DIP 207201-00000
- JARLSBERG CHEESE SPREAD 216407-20000
- PIMENTO CHEESE DIP 226481-60000
- DELI JARLSBERG JALAPENO DIP 236293-70000
- DELI BACON CHIVE JARLSBERG DIP 236294-70000
- DELI SOUTHWESTERN JARLSBERG DIP 236295-70000
- DELI JARLSBERG DIP 237462-40000
- JARLSBERG DIP 247199-00000
- DELI JARLSBERG CHEESE DIP 286292-70000
- DELI APPLEWOOD CHEDDAR DIP 286462-20000
- DELI BUFFALO BLUE CHEESE SPREAD 295095-50000
- DELI SOUTHWEST CHEESE SPREAD 295408-50000
- DELI RANCH CHEESE SPREAD 295409-50000
"Out of an abundance of caution, these items have been removed from store shelves and the company has initiated its customer recall notification system that alerts customers who may have purchased recalled products through register receipt tape messages and phone calls," Fred Meyer said. "Customers who have purchased the product described above should not consume it and should return it to a store for a full refund or replacement."