LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles police say NBA free agent Nick Young was arrested in Hollywood during a late-night stop for a routine traffic violation.
Officer Mike Lopez, a department spokesman, says Young was arrested Friday for delaying an investigation, a misdemeanor.
Lopez says Young didn't obey the officers, became upset and caused a delay.
Young was booked early Saturday and later released. He'll face a Sept. 19 court date.
The 33-year-old Young played for the champion Golden State Warriors last season.
A representative of Young could not be immediately reached for comment. A telephone message was left at the office of the agent who represented him when he signed with the Warriors.
- Former Golden State Warrior Nick Young Arrested
- Oregon Senate Passes Wounded Warriors Bill
- Oregon Man Misidentified as Golden State Killer in 2017
- California's Golden State Killer Found Innocent In 1975 Murder
- Sheriff: Young Jacksonville Woman Arrested for 'Eluding, Menacing Deputy'
- Chinese anger after terracotta warrior's thumb stolen in US
- Nick Sandmann files lawsuit against the Washington Post
- Golden Globe Recap: Who Won What
- Future Uncertain for Program Protecting Young Immigrants
- Professional Conductor Shares Talent With Young Musicians