MEDFORD, Ore. -All the diversions and delays were weather related and one flight was cancelled leaving Medford for Seattle this morning. Some travelers waited for an hour for the fog to clear before their flight could take off.
Denise and Robert Allen say, "I'm very shocked to hear that because it didn't look that bad just as we were coming in I'm very surprised."
A flight from San Francisco was scheduled to land at 10AM but was delayed by an hour. Another flight from Seattle was scheduled to arrive just before 9AM but was redirected because of the fog.
Denise and Robert Allen say, "We got here safely and our flight thankfully is on time it appears and just anybody coming into the airport just allow extra time because you're going to have to slow down to be safe."
As the holiday season approaches we could see the Medford Airport use fog seeding again. That's when they send a helium filled balloon hundreds of feet in the air and dump dry ice to dissipate the fog. The Jackson County Airport Authority says it's important to do fog seeding operations when the fog is this thick.
The Airport Director advises people arrive early and stay in contact with the airline for updates on flight information.
- Fog Creates Flight Delays and Cancellations
- Freezing Fog Creates Slick Roads
- Flooding Causes OSF Show Delays and Cancellations
- Why School Was Delayed but Not Canceled
- Smoke Continues To Cancel Flights Out Of Rogue Valley Airport
- United Airlines will cancel more Boeing 737 Max flights
- Delta allows passengers to Dominican Republic to cancel their flights
- Honor Flights
- UPDATE: Another Day of Delays and Cancellations at Medford Airport
- Motorcycle crash creates delays on I-5 near Exit 27