NATIONAL -- Flu infections are spiking across the U.S., according to the CDC. Sparking a second wave of high activity and severe infections. Oregon is among the 32 states reporting they're being hit hard.
The CDC estimates since October first there's been as many as 26 million illnesses related to the flu There were about 350,000 hospitalizations and 31,000 deaths. Out of those deaths, 64 were children.
CDC officials say it's never too late to get vaccinated and the flu vaccination is your best defense for protection.
- Flu Spikes Across Country
- Gas Prices in Oregon See Spring Spike
- Medford Police Sees Spike in Car Thefts
- Country Crossings Traffic Impacts
- Is "Man Flu" Real?
- Health Alert: "Man Flu"
- Emergency Doctors See Spike In Marijuana-Related Illness
- Bulletproof backpack sales spike in wake of school shooting
- Voter registration reportedly spikes after Taylor Swift post
- Gas Pipeline Explosion Could Cause Gas Prices to Spike