The flu season never takes a sick day.
Shivashanker Balasingham M.D. says "it's present all year round." The worst part of the flu season is not even during winter time. He says it's usually around autumn.
Dr. Balsaingham at Asante Hospital in Grants Pass says now is the time to get your flu shot. That's because the flu shot takes about two weeks to become effective. If you wait until November or December you could get sick during that two week window.
Shivashanker Balasingham M.D. says "It appears that the flu epidemic seems to be getting worse as it progresses through out the winter."
Along with the flu shot make sure to cover your sneeze and cough. Wash your hands with hot water and use hand sanitizer.
- Flu Season is Sooner Than You May Think
- Flu Season Impacting Local Hospitals
- Detect Depression Sooner Rather than Later
- Peak of Flu Season May Be Approaching
- Keeping Pregnant Moms Healthy During Flu Season
- U.S. flu season gets worse than expected
- Cold and Flu Season Brings Added Danger for Elderly
- Is "Man Flu" Real?
- Health Alert: "Man Flu"
- Flu Spikes Across Country