Flags were flown at half staff all across the state of Oregon today to honor fallen firefighters.
Governor Kate Brown ordered that all flags at Oregon public institutions be flown at half staff from sunrise to sunset.
Gov. Brown said that "this has been an especially difficult wildfire season", and that she is "thankful for the service of brave men and women who protect our land, our communities, and their fellow Oregonians."
This was in recognition of Fallen Firefighters Memorial Day.
- Flags at Half Staff to Honor Fallen Firefighters
- Governor Brown Orders Flags at Half-Staff
- Governor Brown Orders Flags Lowered to Half-Staff to Honor Annapolis Victims
- Flags Will Be at Half-Staff Tomorrow In Memory of Officer Williams
- RCC Flags At Half Staff To Remember 9 Students Killed In UCC Shooting
- Governor Brown Orders Flags at Half-Staff for Thousand Oaks Victims
- 'Wreaths Across America' Ceremony Honors Fallen Veterans
- 'Wreaths Across America' Honors Fallen Vets
- Boatnik Honors Fallen Soldiers with Memorial Day Observance
- Ohio student suspended for project meant to honor fallen soldiers