ASHLAND, Ore. — Governor Brown has ordered all flags at Oregon public institutions to be flown at half-staff tomorrow, March 17, in honor of Officer Malcus Williams. Flags will be lowered from sunrise to sunset.
"Officer Williams was a beloved and respected member of the Ashland community, whose compassionate and selfless service will long be remembered," Governor Brown said. "My heart goes out to his family and loved ones, and I extend my sincere appreciation to all of Oregon's law enforcement community."
Governor Brown and a committee of officials recently approved Officer Williams to received the Medal of Ultimate Sacrifice.
Meanwhile, the Ashland Police Department (APD) has announced their procession route preceding the ceremony on Saturday (map below). A motorcade of over a hundred public safety vehicles will start at Southern Oregon University (SOU), go through downtown, then back to Ashland High School for the celebration of life service.
The exact route is as follows:
-From S. Mountain Ave. turn left onto Siskiyou Blvd. (Hwy. 99)
-Travel on Siskiyou Blvd. to the split where Siskiyou Blvd. becomes Lithia Way
-Travel on Lithia Way to the end of the downtown split at Helman St.
-Make a left onto Church St. and a quick Left onto E. Main St. back toward SOU
-Travel on E. Main St. until it becomes Siskiyou Blvd.
-Continue on Siskiyou Blvd. to Ashland High School
Drivers in the area should expect road closures, congestion and delays along the route and throughout Ashland. APD advises that ceremony attendees should carpool, walk, or bike into the area. Parking is limited, but it will be free on the SOU campus. All lots will be open except for lot 36, which will be reserved for emergency vehicles.
- Flags Will Be at Half-Staff Tomorrow In Memory of Officer Williams
- Governor Brown Orders Flags at Half-Staff
- Flags at Half Staff to Honor Fallen Firefighters
- Governor Brown Orders Flags Lowered to Half-Staff to Honor Annapolis Victims
- RCC Flags At Half Staff To Remember 9 Students Killed In UCC Shooting
- Governor Brown Orders Flags at Half-Staff for Thousand Oaks Victims
- Ashland Officer Malcus Williams Approved for Fallen Law Enforcement Memorial
- Ashland Officer Williams Will Not be Honored in Memorial for Oregon Police
- Lawmakers pass resolution honoring fallen Ashland Police Officer Malcus Williams
- Ashland honors fallen officer Malcus Williams with highway dedication