Photo Gallery 5 Images
MEDFORD, Ore. — Five local men face charges in federal court for an alleged drug smuggling operation that brought methamphetamine and heroin from Mexico to be sold in the Klamath Falls area, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Oregon.
23-year-old Rogelio Gomez-Arias, 34-year-old Irving Beas Ceballos, 22-year-old Alexis Chavez-Franco, 36-year-old Domingo Matias-Hernandez, and 62-year-old Juan Rodriguez-Ramirez all lived in either Klamath Falls or in Dorris, California. All five of them face some combination of charges related to the distribution or possession of meth and/or heroin.
According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, a multi-agency law enforcement sting went down on Wednesday, with five separate search warrants served between Klamath Falls and Dorris. By the end, investigators had seized more than 37 pounds of meth, 440 grams of heroin, 14 guns, and almost $50,000 in cash. All five men were arrested during the operation.
"All five defendants made their first appearances in federal court today before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark D. Clarke and were detained pending further proceedings," the U.S. Attorney's office said. "Conspiring to distribute and possessing with intent to distribute methamphetamine carries a maximum sentence of life in prison with a 10-year mandatory minimum."
The case was investigated by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), the Basin Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team (BINET) and the Siskiyou Unified Major Investigation Team (SUMIT).
- Five face federal charges for smuggling meth, heroin into Klamath Falls area
- Case Closed on 'Vast Conspiracy' to Smuggle Heroin Into Oregon
- Klamath Falls Drug Busts Claim 17 Pounds of Meth
- Democratic donor Ed Buck faces federal charge for allegedly providing lethal dose of meth
- RADE Seizes Heroin and Meth in Local Park
- Prosecutor: Mexico-to-Oregon ring had $15M in meth, heroin
- Police: 27 Pounds of Meth Seized During Klamath Falls Traffic Stop
- Police: Ohio man caught smuggling more than 600 pounds of marijuana through Klamath County
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview
- US Air Force Honors Klamath Falls Airmen