GRANTS PASS, Ore. — A young transgender man was put in the hospital after being assaulted by five juvenile males over last weekend, according to the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety.
Police were called to the emergency room at Three Rivers Medical Center around 2:30 a.m. in the morning on Sunday, where they found a 19-year-old man. The victim said that he'd been assaulted by several young men around 10 p.m. Saturday night.
The victim reported that he'd been punched and kicked by the young men near North Middle School, apparently due to 'their perception of his transgender status.'
GPDPS were able to obtain video evidence of the incident—after which they were able to identify several witnesses and suspects. Eventually, five suspects were arrested—all males from 16 to 17-years-old.
All five suspects have been charged with Assault II, Assault III, Riot and Intimidation. They have been lodged at the Josephine County Juvenile Justice Center.
- Five Juveniles Accused of Assault on Transgender Man at North Middle School
- Judge's Ruling Supports Oregon School's Transgender Policy
- Medford Man Arrested for Sexual Abuse of Middle School Girls
- Juvenile Detention Center Re-Opens
- Ashland Middle School Adopts Classmate as Sparrow
- Sheriff: Josephine County Man Accused of Assault, Threats of Shooting
- Klamath Falls Man Accused of Assaulting Child While Babysitting
- Investigation of School Violence Threats at Lincoln Savage Middle School
- Transgender Nike Contractor Says Company Ignored Harassment
- Juvenile Sentenced For Starting Eagle Creek Fire