SPRAGUE RIVER, Ore. -- Fire crews are attacking a new wildfire in Klamath County, according to the South Central Oregon Fire Management Partnership (SCOFMP).
The Benton fire was reported on Wednesday night, about 5 miles east of Sprague River.
Initial response for the fire included 2 helicopters, 9 engines, and 2 dozers. Fire crews worked through the night to suppress the fire.
As of Thursday morning the fire is estimated around 10 acres and is completely lined. Firefighters will continue to mop up the fire today.
- Firefighters attack new wildfire near Sprague River
- Firefighters mopping up wildfire north of Rogue River
- Firefighters Battle Multiple Northern California Wildfires
- Health Impacts of Wildfire Smoke on Firefighters
- Firefighters Prepare Homes To Withstand Wildfires
- Firefighters Prepare For Lightning Caused Wildfires
- Firefighters Battle Wildfires in Klamath and Lake Counties
- Firefighters Battle Multiple Wildfires Near Brookings Over the Weekend
- December Wildfire In Ashland
- UPDATE: Fire Crews Close in on Wildfire Near Rogue River, Grants Pass