Photo Gallery 4 Images
CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. — Firefighters responded to a flaming car on Rockydale Road near Cave Junction on Thursday morning, according to a statement from the Illinois Valley Fire District (IVFD).
Crews were dispatch just after 8:30 a.m. to the 1500-block of Rockydale Road. When firefighters arrived, they found it "totally involved in flames." The fire was extinguished quickly, IVFD said.
Rockydale was closed while firefighters fought the flames and until crews could hose down the road of debris before packing up. The road remained only partially open for a half hour longer so that the IVFD Fire Marshal could investigate the fire's cause along with Josephine County Sheriff's deputies.
- Firefighters Respond to Car on Fire Near Cave Junction
- Crews respond to large barn fire in Cave Junction
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- 15-acre Fire Burns Near Cave Junction
- Wildfire Breaks Out in Cave Junction, Burns Abandoned Car
- Missing Cave Junction Woman Found Safe
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Bingo Fanatic Celebrates 100th Birthday