Photo Gallery 1 Images
CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- Fire District 3 is investigating how a fire started at a building next to an auto wrecking business on East Vilas Road between Crater Lake Highway and Table Rock Road in Central Point. Flames and smoke were visible from the Rogue Valley Expressway and Roxy Ann Peak
The fire started in an outbuilding next to B&R Auto Wrecking and then spread to one of the business' auto parts storage buildings.
Fire District 3 told NewsWatch 12 the call came in at around 6:45 Saturday evening. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office was first on the scene. A crew from Fire District 3 arrived shortly after. Fire District 3 said this fire posed multiple challenges, mainly the electric fence surrounding the business. Crews had to wait until an assistant manager for the business got to scene to let them in. Fire hydrants were also far away. Multiple crews from Fire District 3 and Medford Fire-Rescue worked for more than an hour to get the fire out.
No one was injured. The cause is under investigation.
- Fire spreads from outbuilding to auto wrecking business
- Technology: Stopping Fires from Spreading
- RV fire spreads to wildland
- Garden Shed Fire Spreads, Scorches Trailer
- Klondike Fire Spreads Quickly West, Threatening Agness
- Fire crews quick response prevents car fire from spreading
- Portland Scrap Fire Spreads to Apartments; Cats Killed
- Wind Spreads California Fire as Other States Battle Blazes
- Structure Fire Spreads into Field Near Cave Junction
- Fire Spreads from Garage to Home in Grants Pass