MEDFORD, Ore. — With the official end of Fire Season for Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF) lands in southwest Oregon declared on Monday, law enforcement agencies have followed suit by at last eliminating evacuation notices for areas that were once under threat from major wildfires.
Even after major suppression efforts were ended for wildfires such as the Klamathon, Wagner Complex, Garner Complex, Taylor Creek, Klondike, Miles, Ramsey Canyon and Hugo Road fires, law enforcement maintained Level 1 "Be Ready" evacuation notices for areas that were previously at elevated levels for "safety and security."
Now, the Jackson and Josephine County Sheriff's Offices (JCSO) say that all of those evacuation zones under their respective jurisdictions have been eliminated.
"While many of the wildfires in our area are now completely extinguished, there are still mop-up and rehabilitation operations underway well within the perimeter of some of the fires," JCSO said in a statement. "Therefore, interior smoke may be visible on occasion. If you see something that appears unusual, or is not in the location of a current fire footprint, please notify your local fire agency."
In Curry County, where the Klondike Fire experienced a sudden resurgence just weeks ago near the town of Agness, caution is receding without being entirely eliminated. On Monday, the Curry County Sheriff's Office (CCSO) said that they would reduce all previously elevated evacuation levels to Level 1 "Be Ready" — but those precautions will remain in effect.
"These changes are due to the fire behavior, wet weather and suppression efforts," CCSO said. "There will still be some fire suppression efforts on hot spots and suppression repair going on with teams from the Fire Incident Management, CFPA, and local fire agencies. The Curry County Sheriff’s Office will continue to provide sporadic patrol in the Agness area."
- Fire Season's End Prompts Elimination of Evacuation Notices
- Preparing For Fire Season Evacuations
- Northern California Wildfires Prompt Evacuations, Burn Homes
- 37 Acre Fire Prompts Evacuations In Siskiyou County
- Hood River Fire Prompts Columbia River Gorge Evacuations
- Complete and Updated Evacuation Notices for Jackson County
- Lime fire evacuation warnings
- For Some in Oregon, Fire Season Comes to an End
- Fire Season Comes to an End for Southwest Oregon
- Preparing for Fire Season