Photo Gallery 2 Images
EAGLE POINT, Ore. — Flames sprouting from an old barn in Eagle Point prompted alarm on Monday morning before fire crews were able to respond and put the fire out.
The barn was situated behind Ed's Oasis restaurant on Old Highway 62 in Eagle Point.
Although flames seem poised to completely engulf the structure, Jackson County Fire District 3 (FD3) said that firefighters responded quickly and got the fire under control before it was destroyed — leaving the barn partially burned.
The quick response may have halted a much more dire outcome, as FD3 said that the barn contained potentially "hazardous material," including oxygen tanks.
No one appeared to be inside of the structure and there were no reported injuries. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
FD3 relayed that the barn's owner is considering rebuilding.
- Fire Engulfs Eagle Point Barn Behind Restaurant
- Barn Fire in Central Point Under Investigation
- Structure Fire in Central Point Consumes Horse Barn
- UPDATE: Barn, RVs destroyed after Central Point fire
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Eagle Point Shooting Victim's Mother Speaks Out
- Missing Eagle Point Girl Found in Arizona
- Eagle Point Senior Prepares for State Competition
- RAW VIDEO: Structure Fire in Medford Engulfs Home