Photo Gallery 10 Images
CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. — A fire in the Illinois Valley destroyed several structures early Wednesday morning, according to the Illinois Valley Fire District (IVFD).
Firefighters from IVFD and the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF) responded to a fire in the 8800 block of Caves Highway at 4:20 a.m. The first units on the scene reported that there were several structures "fully involved," including a mobile home and outbuildings.
Crews from Rural Metro Fire, AMR and CERT also responded to the fire. IVFD says that they were able to hold the fire to a minimal spread into nearby wildland.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. A statement from IVFD did not say whether anyone was hurt in the fire or if residents were displaced.
- Early-Morning Fire Consumes Structures on Caves Highway
- Two Dead After Early-Morning House Fire in Cave Junction
- Structure Fire Spreads into Field Near Cave Junction
- Structure Fire in Central Point Consumes Horse Barn
- Historic Kerby home on Redwood Hwy consumed in early-morning fire
- Redwood Highway Blocked by Crash North of Cave Junction
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- 15-acre Fire Burns Near Cave Junction
- Crews battle RV fire in Cave Junction