MEDFORD, Ore.- The Rogue Valley Expressway could save you at least 5 minutes if you commute to and from White City.
It's also meant to reduce the amount of traffic accidnets on Crater Lake Highway during traffic hours.
The enterance to the Expressway has cones up at the enterance and exit where you would merge right off of Crater Lake Highway.
Oregon Department of Transportation took NewsWatch 12's Mari Nelson on a ride-along down the ride to get an early look.
The road is expected to open either at the end of Feburary or early March but ODOT told us that there's still some work that needs to be down.
"Right now we're doing some of the final striping, the guard rail, we're doing some finish work on the bridge, really were getting right down to the wires," says Gary Leaming.
It's a 120 million dollar project that Leaming says wouldn't be possible without the 2009 Legislature, Oregon jobs and trasporation act.
- Final Stretch of Construction on Rogue Valley Expressway
- Business Impact of Rogue Valley Expressway.
- Update: Highway 62 Expressway Construction
- Rogue Valley Mental Health Support
- 8- Mile Stretch of Rogue River Reopens to Rafters
- Highway 62 Expressway Over Halfway Done
- Rogue Valley Child in Fourth Cancer Fight
- Opening of the Rogue Valley Mall
- Oregon Century: Newspapers in the Rogue Valley
- Rogue Valley Strike Team Comes Home