SHADY COVE, Ore.- Starting Monday evening, weather permitting, crews will be doing paving in the Shady Cove area. That means commuters can see single-lane traffic on Rogue River Drive all the way up north to Cleveland Street in the next three days.
ODOT is partnering with Shady Cove to widen the highway and create a two way- center turn lane. It's also adding in bike lanes, a storm sewer, and even new sidewalks like the one in front of Phil's Frosty.
Prissilla Greenmyer, works at Phil's Frosty says, "The construction has been going on for when I feel like it's been months and months now. They been working their way down from the bridge kind of towards trail and it's just never ending."
The construction started in September 2017, just a few days after labor day.
Businesses say they hope this upgrade brings a long-term economic boost to a city many pass through in the summer.
Greenmyer says, "It may bring a lot more business because this town gets crazy busy during the summer so you know it's hard to say but I think that might."
ODOT says Shady Cove's construction for the Highway 62 project will finish before Memorial Day, so it doesn't impact the tourist season.
- Highway 62 Paving Monday evening for Shady Cove residents
- Shady Cove Man Dies in Highway 140 Head-On Crash
- Shady Cove Re-Evaluating Recreational Marijuana Ban
- UPDATE: Lanes Cleared After Crash South of Shady Cove on Hwy 62
- UPDATE: Deputies Find Lost Woman in Shady Cove
- UPDATE: Suspect in Shady Cove Shooting Turns Himself In
- Police: Accused Shady Cove Shooter Acted in Self-Defense
- Shady Cove Library to Host Mental Health Awareness Class
- UPDATE: Deputies Investigate Fatal Car Crash in Shady Cove
- Update: Highway 62 Expressway Construction