KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — To punctuate local Fourth of July festivities, the 173rd Fighter Wing based at Kingsley Field announced on Tuesday that it will be conducting Independence Day flyovers.
Some of the fighter wing's characteristic F-15 Eagle jets will be roaring over the following locations "at, or around, the designated times" on Thursday:
- 9:45 a.m. - Central Point 4th of July Freedom Festival, Central Point, Ore.
- 10:00 a.m. - Downtown Klamath Falls, Klamath Falls, Ore.
- 10:15 a.m. - Downtown Ashland, Ashland, Ore.
- 10:45 a.m. - City Hall Park, Dorris, Cal.
- 11:00 a.m. - Main Street, Eagle Point, Ore.
- 11:15 a.m. - Lake of the Woods, Klamath County, Ore.
- 11:30 a.m. - Oregon Ave. -- Main Street, Creswell, Ore.
Fighters will be passing over at roughly 1,000 feet above the ground and at an airspeed of about 400 miles per hour. There is a chance that flights could be cancelled or times changed "due to inclement weather or operational contingencies," the Oregon Military Department said.
For more on some local Fourth of July celebrations, see our article here.