EUGENE, Ore-- An Oregon community college student is dead after police found him in a parking lot with a gunshot wound.
University of Oregon police and the Eugene Police Department responded to a report of shots fired behind a bar and grill early Saturday. In the parking lot, they found a man who had been shot. He died at the scene.
Authorities identified him Sunday as 21-year-old Alex Oyombe Gradin of Eugene. He was a student at Lane Community College.
His family says in a statement he "was an unexpected blessing to our lives when he joined us as a baby in Kenya and grew to be a compassionate, thoughtful young man."
- Eugene college student shot and killed
- Reports of "Shots Fired" At Des Moines, Washington College
- Roadtrip Nation Inspires Local Students To Consider Community College
- Students, SAT/ACT instructors weigh in on college admissions scandal
- Students file lawsuit against colleges in bribery scandal
- College student unearths 65 million-year-old Triceratops skull
- Bulldogs to Raiders prepares Latino students for college
- Oregon College Safety Officer Pleads Guilty to Killing Woman
- Girlfriend charged in Boston College student's death after telling him 'hundreds of times' to kill himself, prosecutors say