WHITE CITY, Ore. —
UPDATE: Law enforcement has released more details about a crash near Sams Valley on Sunday, identifying the driver who was killed.
Dispatch received a report of a crash in the 12000-block of Antioch Road, about one mile to the southeast of Highway 234, just before 7 a.m. on Sunday.
"A passerby happened upon the crash and called 911. The driver’s family members also arrived at the crash scene prior to deputies’ arrival; they had been searching the area after realizing he had not returned home by Sunday morning," JCSO said in a statement.
The driver, identified as 81-year-old Bobby Dean Hardin of White City, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was alone in the vehicle.
Investigators believe that Hardin was driving his 1999 Ford F-350 pickup truck northbound on Antioch Road when he veered from the roadway, striking a ditch and overturning.
JCSO said that a fence on private property was also damaged in the crash.
The medical examiner's office is still working to determine the exact cause and manner of Hardin's death, according to JCSO.
"Routine toxicology tests will be conducted to determine whether alcohol or other substances were involved. The crash remains under investigation," the agency said.
The family has started a GoFundMe page to help with funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/1lnpj48odc
(Updated 4/9/19 at 12:55a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Jackson County Sheriff's Office told NewsWatch 12 that they received a call about a car crash just before 7:00 Sunday morning.
The crash happened off of Antioch Road and Modoc Road in White City. They are not releasing the name of the man who died at this time. This is a developing story.
- Law enforcement identifies man killed in Sams Valley rollover crash
- UPDATE: Deputies Identify Central Point Man Killed in Rollover Crash
- Two injured in small plane crash near Sams Valley
- UPDATE: Missing Sams Valley Man Died of 'Hypothermia'
- Unsolved: Sam Boehlke (2006)
- UPDATE: Missing Sams Valley Mother and Daughters Found Safe
- Sams Valley sex offender arrested in connection with grass fire
- Passenger Killed in Rollover Crash on Williams Highway
- Sheriff: Passenger killed in Klamath County rollover DUII crash
- Pilot Killed in Erickson Helicopter Crash Identified