GRANTS PASS, Ore. —
UPDATE: In an update issued today, OSP identified the dead man and the shooter in an apparent altercation on Foothill Boulevard on Wednesday.
The man killed in the incident has been identified as 58-year-old Robert Barry of Washington state. The male resident who claimed to have fired in self-defense was 77-year-old Alan Frost.
(Updated 10/26/18 at 12:20 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: The fatal shooting of a man in Josephine County may have been a case of self defense, according to the Oregon State Police (OSP).
Troopers responded to a home in the 4000-block of Foothill Boulevard around 6:20 p.m. on Wednesday. When they arrived, OSP says that they found a dead man on the deck of the home.
Upon interviewing the elderly residents, OSP says that the husband claimed that he had shot the man in self defense.
OSP has confirmed that the resident is not being charged with a crime at this time, however investigation from OSP detectives and the Josephine County District Attorney's Office continues. OSP reports that the elderly residents have been cooperatiing with investigators.
- UPDATE: Police Identify Parties in Fatal Josephine County Shooting
- Josephine County Fair
- Controversy in Josephine County
- Josephine County Man Shot
- Complete and Updated Evacuations for Josephine County
- Teen identified in 47-year-old cold case in Josephine County
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims in Fatal Crash on Highway 199
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office: Missing Josephine County Man Found Safe
- Josephine County Vaccination Rates Drop
- Filling Bowls in Josephine County