ASHLAND, Ore. -- Family members say a Medford man died doing what he loved.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office said Michael Brewster died Wednesday after falling from a steep cliff. He was hiking along the Lost Falls Trails outside of Ashland.
Brewster's Sister-In-Law Rhonda Brewster said the family was shocked to find out he died.
"He'd been hiking for months so he knew what he was doing and he was already prepared, he took everything with him he needed," Brewster said.
She said he loved the outdoors and enjoyed hiking at every chance he got and posting pictures of his adventures to Facebook.
She said he was loving, caring and will be missed by many people.
"He had so many friends and was always doing something, and always taking pictures and having fun," Brewster said.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office said a medical examiner is still investigating the exact cause of death.
- Family remembers Medford hiker who fell from cliff
- Coroner's inquest set in family plunge off California cliff
- Missing Hiker Rescued
- UPDATE: Family of Missing Hiker Says He Was Found Alive
- Jury finds family of 8 died by murder-suicide in cliff crash
- CHP: Deadly SUV Cliff Crash May Have Been Intentional
- Police Looking at 'Red Flags' Before California Cliff Crash
- Authorities Recover Body Suspected to be from California Cliff Crash
- Oregon Woman Survived 7 Days After Driving Off California Cliff
- Body of missing woman recovered from base of Brookings cliff