MEDFORD, Ore.--Medford Police are still investigating a deadly drive-by shooting that happened the night before Thanksgiving.
23-year-old Christian Miguel Barajas was killed last Wednesday while walking on the 300 block of Chestnut Street.
Family friend Trina Joslin says, "We did not see this coming at all, I mean out of everyone in the community, why Christian? He didn't deserve this, he didn't have any enemies."
Witnesses told police the suspects were in a dark colored mini-van which sped off northbound on Chestnut Street, after the drive-by shooting.
Police say this unsolved murder is on the top of their agenda.
Lt. Justin Ivens says, "I know that we need a break, we've got detectives from MADGE and our criminal investigations unit. This is the top of our list, we're turning every stone and chasing every tip and lead we get."
Just two days before Barajas was killed, another drive-by shooting happened less than half a mile away.
Medford Police arrested Santiago Flores Loveland for his involvement in that case.
Police say there was another person in the car with Flores Loveland, and they now need help identifying who it was as it could lead them to Barajas’s killer.
Medford Police say the two cases could be related.
At this point they say they're looking into all possibilities.
- Family and friends of Medford murder victim seek closure on unsolved case
- Road Closure in East Medford
- Unsolved: Jeremy Bright (1986)
- Unsolved: Gregory Bowles (2015)
- Unsolved: Kimberly Mericle (2017)
- Unsolved: Christopher Evans (2013)
- Unsolved: Cindy King (1977)
- Unsolved: Kattie Talbert (1998)
- Unsolved: Dwain Hodge (2014)
- Unsolved: Sheron Cheney (1997)