HARBOR, Ore. -- The FBI is getting involved in the search for a man accused of a shooting in Curry County. It happened December 28, 2017. That's when 46-year-old William (Bill) Terebesi was shot several times at his storage unite at Strahm Storage on Oceanview Drive in Harbor. Terebesi was able to drive himeslef ot the Sheriff's Office Sub-Station in Harbor while calling 911. Police say that Terebesi indicated that he did not know the assailant and had never seen him before.
Today, the sheriff's office and FBI issued a warrant for the arrest of Lucas Randall DeYoung in connection to the shooting. He is wanted for Attempted Murder, Attempted Aggravated Murder, Delivery of a Controlled Substance and Manufacture of Marijuana.
The Curry County Sheriff's OFfice is asking anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Lucas DeYoung to notify your local law enforcement agency.
In early January, based on evidence and statements, another suspect was identified as twenty-seven year old Robert Kris Stanley from Brookings, but originally from South Carolina. The Major Crime Team learned that a couple days after the shooting, Stanley had left the area to Shelton Washington and was staying in a motel there.
On 01-05-18, a warrant was obtained from the Circuit Court for Attempted Murder and Assault in the First Degree for the arrest of Robert Kris Stanley. The following day a Curry County Sheriff’s Detective and Patrol Deputy along with two Oregon State Troopers traveled to Shelton Washington where they met with the Mason County Sheriff’s Office and the Shelton Police Department. Officers and Deputies from the Mason County Sheriff’s Office and the Shelton Police Department located Stanley at a local motel there and took him into custody on the felony warrant.
On 01-10-18, The Mason County Sheriff’s Office transported Stanley to Portland where he was then picked up by a Curry County Sheriff’s Office Detective and an Oregon State Police Detective and then transported back to the Curry County Jail.
As of January 11, Information from family of Terebesi is that Bill is doing better but still at an undisclosed medical facility recovering.
- FBI Searches for Suspect in Curry County Shooting
- Curry County Sheriff's Office Searches for Shooting Suspect
- Wanted Suspects Arrested in Curry County
- Curry County Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Man
- Man Wanted In Curry County Crimes Apprehended in Nevada
- Winter Storm Warning for Jackson, Josephine, and Curry County
- Curry County Woman Accused of Sexually Abusing Minor
- Teens 'Remarkably' Unhurt After Curry County Car Crash and Fire
- 300-Acre, Human-Caused Wildfire Burning in Curry County
- Police Search for Officer Shooting Suspect