SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — A man notable for his unforgettable face tattoos has been arrested in California, according to a statement from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Oregon.
Shawn Weatherhead, 46, was apprehended by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) near Leggett, California on Tuesday around 3 p.m. According to the FBI, Weatherhead was the passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over for expired tags.
Despite his fearsome appearance, Weatherhead cooperated with CHP and the arrest occurred without incident, according to the FBI.
Weatherhead made an official appearance in a San Francisco federal court on Wednesday. He will remain in custody until his next appearance, scheduled for April 19, 2018.
The FBI began looking for Weatherhead after he supposedly made repeated calls to FBI locations throughout the country, culminating in death threats.
The initial alert from the FBI went out on March 22—meaning that the search for Weatherhead took almost three weeks.
- FBI: Man With 'Dork' Tattoo on His Neck Apprehended in California
- Man Wanted In Curry County Crimes Apprehended in Nevada
- UPDATE: Man Wanted In Connection With Yreka Murder Investigation Apprehended
- Stabbing Suspect Apprehended While Fleeing Through Jackson County
- Dad Accused of Abandoning Baby in Woods Apprehended in Bend
- Man Who Slashed Bus Driver's Neck Gets 7.5 Years
- New Tattoo Ink Changes Color According to Health
- Prevent Neck Pain while Feeding Baby
- Preventing Back & Neck Pain From Heavy Backpacks
- Kavanaugh Accuser Speaks With FBI