KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — No less than nine different flyovers from pilots with the 173rd Fighter Wing are set for Memorial Day ceremonies across Southern Oregon on Monday.
The 173rd, part of the Oregon Air National Guard based out of Kingsley Field near Klamath Falls, will be sending out F-15 Eagle fighters to punctuate ceremonies honoring fallen veterans.
Fighters will pass over at roughly 1,000 feet above the ground, traveling around 400 miles per hour through the air. There is a possibility that flights could be cancelled or times changed due to inclement weather or other cirumcstances.
"The Oregon Air National Guard has been an integral part of the nation's air defense since 1941," said a statement from the fighter wing. "The 173rd FW is home to the sole F-15C pilot training facility for the United States Air Force."
For a complete list of the ceremonies where flyovers are planned, see below:
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Memorial Park, Klamath Falls, Ore.
- 11:15 a.m. Eagle Point National Cemetery, Eagle Point, Ore.
- 11:30 a.m. Roseburg National Cemetery, Roseburg, Ore.
- 11:45 a.m. Memory Gardens, Medford, Ore.
- 11:53 a.m. Hillcrest Memorial Park, Medford, Ore.
- 12:00 p.m. Siskiyou Memorial Park, Medford, Ore.
- 12:15 p.m. Riverside Park, Grants Pass, Ore.
- 12:30 p.m. Brookings Harbor Port, Brookings, Ore.
- 12:40 p.m. Curry County Veterans Memorial, Gold Beach, Ore.
- F-15 flyovers planned for Memorial Day ceremonies across Southern Oregon
- F-15 Flyovers Planned for Veterans Day Ceremonies
- Memorial Day Flyovers Planned From Klamath Falls Fighter Wing
- Memorial Day Celebrations For Southern Oregon
- Air National Guard Announces Fourth of July Flyovers
- Fighter wing announces Fourth of July celebration flyovers
- Prescribed burns in Southern Oregon
- Eagle Point National Cemetery set to honor fallen service members with Memorial Day ceremony
- Former Kingsley Airman & WWII Veteran to be Honored by Military Flyover
- Southern Oregon Fire Crews Aid Southern California in Wildfire Fight