KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — Pilots from the 173rd Fighter Wing based at Kingsley Field in Klamath Falls will be splitting the sky with fly-overs on Veteran's Day (Monday, November 12) to accompany ceremonies, accroding to the Oregon Military Department (OMD).
F-15 Eagle fighters will be flying at roughly 1,000 feet above the ground, tearing through the sky at about 400 mph airspeed. The fly-overs are set for the following places and times:
11:00 a.m. - Veterans Day Parade, Klamath Falls, Oregon.
11:45 a.m. - Veterans Day Parade, The Dalles, Oregon.
There is a chance that the flights could be canceled or times changed due to inclement weather or "operational contingencies."
Meanwhile, the 142nd Fighter Wing out of Portland will perform several fly-overs in the northern part of the state on Saturday, November 10.
11:45 a.m. - Albany Veterans Day Parade, Albany, Oregon.
12:00 p.m. - Willamette Lutheran Homes, Keizer, Oregon.
12:50 p.m. - Linfield College Honors Veterans, McMinnville, Oregon.
Both fighter wings are part of the Oregon Air National Guard. "The Oregon Air National Guard has been an integral part of the nation's air defense since 1941. The 142nd Fighter Wing guards the Pacific Northwest skies from northern California to the Canadian border, on 24-hour alert as part of the North American Air Defense system. The 173rd Fighter Wing is home to the premier F-15 pilot training facility for the U.S. Air Force," OMD said in a statement.
- F-15 Flyovers Planned for Veterans Day Ceremonies
- F-15 flyovers planned for Memorial Day ceremonies across Southern Oregon
- Memorial Day Flyovers Planned From Klamath Falls Fighter Wing
- Former Kingsley Airman & WWII Veteran to be Honored by Military Flyover
- Air National Guard Announces Fourth of July Flyovers
- Fighter wing announces Fourth of July celebration flyovers
- 'Wreaths Across America' Ceremony Honors Fallen Veterans
- Veterans Day Events
- Klamath Falls Honors Veterans with Parade and Ceremony
- Eagle Point confirms Veterans Day walk and ceremony, no word on Medford Parade