GRANTS PASS, Ore-- Rural Metro Fire wants to remind people that the fire danger level is extreme.
Extreme is the highest fire danger level. There are strict rules everyone needs to follow. These restrictions are in place to stop wildfires from spreading. A spark of any kind can potentially start a fire.
These are just some of the restrictions:
- Campfires are only allowed at designated locations.
- Motor vehicles are only allowed on roads free of flammable vegetation.
- You can't use a power saw.
- You can't mow dry grass. Green grass is ok.
This is the website with the full lists of restrictions.
- Extreme fire danger level restrictions
- Campfires Banned in Oregon, Fire Danger Level 'Extreme'
- Fire Danger Level Drops to HIGH from EXTREME
- Fire Danger Level Now Moderate
- Fire danger level to increase to extreme in Jackson and Josephine counties
- Fire Danger Level decreases to high
- Fire Season begins June 1, brings fire danger restrictions
- Fire Danger Level Drops to 'Low,' Fire Season Continues
- ODF fire restriction website
- Fire Danger Level Drops to 'Moderate' in Southwest Oregon