ACROSS OREGON-- You don't have much time left to make sure your kid’s vaccination records are up to date. That's because exclusion day is Wednesday, February 20th. That's the deadline to get those updated documents or the exemption into your child's school or daycare. Oregon law requires all children in school or in daycare must have up to date documentation on their vaccinations or have an exception. According to the Oregon Health Authority, different health departments across the state sent nearly 25,000 letters reminding parents last year. The Assistant Principal at Central Point Elementary school said they've been preparing for exclusion day since the start of the school year. The school now only needs to make reminder calls to about three families.
“We continuously monitor,” said Assistant Principal Kristin Kostman. “A lot of it is reminders and families forget to turn it in and that's usually what the case is."
If you do not turn in that up to date documentation to your kid's school or daycare by Wednesday, they won't be allowed to go back until that's all taken care of.
- Exclusion Day is Wednesday, February 20th
- ACCESS and Ashland Food Co-op partnership reaches 20th year
- Today Is Exclusion Day, All Kids Must Be Up To Date On Vaccinations
- Exclusive Look Inside OSF's Hay-Patton Rehearsal Center
- EXCLUSIVE: Danny Miles Full Interview Discussing Hall of Fame Selection
- PREVIEW: ABC Exclusive Interview With Former FBI Director James Comey
- Department of Labor Releases February Jobs Report
- SOREDI Launch Talk Happening February 7th
- EXCLUSIVE: Medford Man Calls 911 From Van He Stole While Drunk