EUGENE, Ore. (AP) - Authorities say a Eugene police officer shot and killed a man who fought with him.
The Register-Guard reports that it happened at about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. Police spokeswoman Melinda McLaughlin says the officer called for emergency cover before shooting.
The officer was treated for his injuries at a hospital and released.
The Lane County Interagency Deadly Force Investigation Team is investigating.
- Eugene police officer shoots, kills man who fought with him
- Police: Man Killed in Klamath Officer-Involved Shooting Had a Gun
- DA: OSP troopers justified in shooting after suspect fought for detective's gun
- Gunfight ends with robbery suspect fatally shot by FedEx driver who fought back, police say
- Police Search for Officer Shooting Suspect
- Sheriff's Office identifies man killed in Central Point officer-involved shooting
- Police: Custody Dispute Led to Shooting at Eugene School
- Memorial planned for CHP officer killed in shooting
- UPDATE: Authorities Identify Man Killed in Eagle Point Officer-Involved Shooting
- DA: Man killed in Grants Pass officer-involved shooting grabbed for trooper's gun