EAGLE POINT, Ore. — A crash at the intersection of Highway 62 and Linn Road near Eagle Point has been cleared, according to a NewsWatch 12 reporter on the scene.
Earlier today, a multi-car crash blocked both eastbound lanes in Eagle Point near the intersection of Highway 62 and Linn Road. According to the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT), traffic was sluggish and congested through the intersection as law enforcement attempted to navigate drivers.
Oregon State Police (OSP) told NewsWatch 12 that they believe a driver in a blue van was traveling West on Linn Road. Another driver in a white car, traveling along Highway 62 in the northbound lane, came into the intersection at the same time.
The driver in the white car collided with the blue van at the intersection of OR62 and Linn. Both vehicles spun, and the white car rained debris across multiple lanes of traffic.
The driver of the white car was unable to exit the vehicle at first, until emergency crews arrived to help. OSP now believes that this was a simple door malfunction.
OSP have not yet released any names of the involved parties, and are still investigating the incident. The driver of the blue van was apparently uninjured in the crash. The driver of the white car, on the other hand, has been taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
This is a developing story and will be updated as soon as we receive more information.
- UPDATE: Crash Cleared on Highway 62 Near Eagle Point
- Update: Highway 62 Expressway Construction
- Highway 62 Expressway Over Halfway Done
- Expect Delays on Highway 62 Starting Tonight
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Two Vehicle Crash Blocking Lane on Highway 62
- UPDATE: Lanes Cleared After Crash South of Shady Cove on Hwy 62
- UPDATE: Crash Now Cleared on I-5 Northbound in Central Point
- UPDATE: Negotiations Ongoing at SWAT Situation in Eagle Point
- New Traffic Flow on Highway 62 in Medford
- Highway 62 Paving Monday evening for Shady Cove residents