EAGLE POINT, Ore. -- An Eagle Point woman is in jail on charges related to the physical abuse of her infant daughter. Jackson County Sheriff’s Office detectives say the baby has multiple injuries, including bone fractures.
On the morning of August 25, 2019, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center employees called the Jackson County Sheriff's Office to report that a baby was in the emergency room with suspicious injuries. Detectives responded to the hospital to continue the investigation. Staff with the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) Child Welfare Division also responded.
The 3-month-old girl was taken to Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) hospital in Portland for treatment of multiple bone fractures and other injuries at various stages of healing. She was later released into DHS foster care pending the outcome of the investigation.
On August 30, detectives arrested the child’s mother, 23-year-old Britney Elizabeth Alexander, on charges of first and second degree assault. She was put in jail.
The case was forwarded to the district attorney’s office; the specific charges are expected to be updated once prosecutors review the evidence in the case. Watch NewsWatch 12 Tuesday evening for updates from the court.
Anyone with additional information about the case can call the JCSO tip line at (541) 770-8333. Refer to case #19-17936.
- Eagle Point mother accused of abusing her infant
- Eagle Point Shooting Victim's Mother Speaks Out
- Man charged with murder, sex abuse of Eagle Point toddler
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Missing Eagle Point Girl Found in Arizona
- Fire Engulfs Eagle Point Barn Behind Restaurant
- Eagle Point Senior Prepares for State Competition
- Eagle Point High School welcomes new sparrow
- Eagle Point High School welding program success