EAGLE POINT, Ore. -- Cherylene Stritenberg's son is a kindergartener at Shady Cove School.
"I know how old this school is and it's a little rundown and you know my little guy is going to be here from Kindergarten through 8th grade,” Stritenberg said "It's sad because you know I want him to be excited about where he's going to school and be proud of where he's at."
She was one of the parents that hopped on the Eagle Point School District school tour. It took a small group around Eagle Point High School and Shady Cove School to show the community what needs to be upgraded or just replaced. This is just in case the district decides to go after a bond on a future ballot. And if knowledge is power, the district said than it all starts with adequate buildings.
"Those schools are in need of renovation or even perhaps a new school. It would improve student learning it would provide equity in all three of our communities for sure," said Allen Barber, the HR Director for the Eagle Point School District.
Stritenberg said she saw a lot of flaws the school district says needs to be fixed. From leaks in an area full of electrical wiring, to plants that belong outside, growing through the cracks of the classroom, she agrees the schools need some upgrades.
"It's just unfortunate when there such a good core group of teachers, the principal here is awesome. They really are. They really work so well with the kids. I would love to see you know just what is on the inside be shown on the outside," Stritenberg added.
If you missed this tour, the Eagle Point School District has another one planned next week, on May 10th from 8:30 to 10:30pm.
- Eagle Point School District Prepares for Potential School Bond
- Eagle Point School District Seeks $95M Bond on November Ballot
- Central Point School District 6 hopes votes pass school bond
- Eagle Point School District Preps for Active Shooter
- Eagle Point High School welcomes new sparrow
- Eagle Point High School welding program success
- Eagle Point Senior Prepares for State Competition
- Central Point School District Plans To Expand
- Eagle Point High principal named as next District superintendent
- Eagle Point High School builds new scoreboard and concession stands