EAGLE POINT, Ore. -- Gavin Frazier is a senior at Eagle Point High School, and he is using skills he is learning in the classroom to be successful at a part-time job.
It isn't just any part-time after school job -- Gavin is working at Pro Weld in White City.
In the classroom, Gavin is mentored by his welding instructor Daniel Langston. The welding program teaches students all the basics that go into the craft, and gives them hands on experience.
At Pro Weld, Gavin is working on a number of projects that are improving our community. Gavin recently helped on a Jackson County bridge project, and is now working on a complicated staircase project for a client.
When NewsWatch 12 sat down with Gavin, he told us that he wants to continue working at the shop that he's at right now. After he's gained more experience, he says he want's to move on to an iron working program.
You can learn more about Gavin's experience with the welding program by watching the video linked above.
- Eagle Point High School welding program success
- Eagle Point High School welcomes new sparrow
- Eagle Point High boasts successful CTE program for students keen on trade work
- Eagle Point High School builds new scoreboard and concession stands
- Eagle Point School District Prepares for Potential School Bond
- Eagle Point School District Preps for Active Shooter
- Eagle Point School District Seeks $95M Bond on November Ballot
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Eagle Point Shooting Victim's Mother Speaks Out