EAGLE POINT, Ore. -- One of the things students are most excited about is the new scoreboard that's on the football field. It came just in time for Justin McElroy's senior year.
"Nobody wants to lose on their new scoreboard," said McElroy.
The school also built a new concession and ticket stand. Justin said these changes make him want to work harder.
"There's just something about being under the lights," said McElroy. "My dad loves football. He's the one who brought it up to me. I love it."
The outside of the school's building looks different, too. It got a fresh coat of blue paint.
"We want our kids to know that we care about them," said Principal Andy Kovach. "And if we care about the environment, we care about our structures, it shows that we also bring that practice to how we interact with our students."
Eagle Point's football coach said these new facilities help show support for student athletes. But he's more focused on what student can learn out on the field.
"The biggest thing is the adversity part," said Eric Johnson, the head football coach. "There's always going to be adversity. How do you handle it? Any time there are ups and downs, it's always a good coaching point or teaching point."
Justin McElroy's been learning about those lessons since he started playing at the age of six. He's ready for the city to see the school's upgrades.
"We have a small community and for Friday nights, that whole community just come out and watched our games," said McElroy. "It's really special."
You will be able to see that scoreboard at tonight's football game.
- Eagle Point High School builds new scoreboard and concession stands
- Eagle Point High School welding program success
- Eagle Point High School welcomes new sparrow
- Eagle Point School District Prepares for Potential School Bond
- Eagle Point School District Preps for Active Shooter
- Eagle Point School District Seeks $95M Bond on November Ballot
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Eagle Point Shooting Victim's Mother Speaks Out
- Missing Eagle Point Girl Found in Arizona